Dragon out the Process

After months of discussions, internet research and giggles (there are some funny boat names out there!) we’ve begun the process of renaming our boat.

And what a process it’s been!

Choosing the name was only the first step. We had to go to the boat shop to see the colour palette to pick the shade for the text. Then there was the search for graphics that would look good on the back (sorry, aft end) of the boat while enhancing the name.

Once we settled on the graphics, I made a mad lunchtime visit to the boat shop to select a different text colour as our initial choice would’ve clashed with the pictures.

My sailor delegated all this running around and organizing to me, which slowed the process because of my tendency to procrastinate.

But we got there–finally choosing not only name, text colour and font style, but accompanying images.

Once we had everything picked out, I cut and pasted the images and text together. Because I’m the least technical person on the West Coast, this involved actual scissors and a glue stick, along with detailed hand-written notes and arrows further clarifying what my sailor would’ve accomplished with a few clicks of a mouse. Then I used my phone to take a picture of my creation and emailed it to the boat shop.

We’ve just okayed the graphic artist’s version of my handiwork.

Since it’s not done, I don’t want to spill the beans completely.

Here’s a hint:

My sailor, following generations of mariners who’ve paid tribute to their lady loves by naming their vessels after them, chose this picture.


8 thoughts on “Dragon out the Process

Your thoughts . . .

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s