As well as mentioning the blogger who nominated me, I get to list seven fascinating facts about myself. (I love talking about myself, so this should be fun!) and nominate five other blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award. I post a comment about the nomination on each of these blogs and, voila, the chain continues from there.
First, my seven fun facts:
1. Years ago, I won a Halloween story contest held by the local newspaper. Because I wrote the story in the first person, some of my friends assumed the protagonist (who may have been encountering ghosts or may have been slipping into insanity–it was all very creepy and mysterious) was actually me.
2. I don’t like bacon–can’t stand the smell, the texture, the taste and the mess it makes when you try to cook it.
3. People are shocked to learn I have a tattoo.
4. I once broke a bone in my foot when I slipped on the stairs.
5. The grossest thing I’ve ever heard was the sound of that bone snapping.
6. My first job ever was at a public library.
7. I’ve been told I get a little grumpy if I miss my morning cup of coffee, but I don’t believe this.
Here are the blogs I’m happy to nominate for the One Lovely Blog Award. I hope they’re as excited about this as I am!
1. British Blokes Cooking (britishblokescooking.wordpress.com)
2. Second to the Right (secondtotheright.com)
3. Charoltte Hoather (charlottehoatherblog.com)
4. Aweigh With Me (aweighwithme.com)
5. countingducks (countingducks.wordpress.com)